University Canada West is committed to the principle of employment equality. Recently acquired by Global University Systems (GUS), a European leader in private sector Higher Education, the University offers Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce and Masters in Business Administration degrees both face-to-face in our downtown Vancouver premises and on-line. Our degrees follow respected Canadian traditions and standards and are approved and regulated by the Ministry of Advanced Education of the Province of British Columbia.
We are a teaching-intensive university, so evidence of teaching excellence is a definite asset. We support research by our faculty, insofar as it supports great teaching and intellectual development. We require all faculty to be active scholars but we also offer an escape from the “publish or perish” lifestyle forced on faculty at many universities. Applicants for faculty positions should have a related doctoral degree, or at minimum a Master’s degree, with relevant post-secondary teaching and work experience.
We recognize that the spirit and energy of our support staff are key contributors to our rich learning community. Full-time and contract staff members work in a positive work environment with strong support from all of our academic faculties and administrative departments.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a covering letter, curriculum vitae including evidence of teaching experience and scholarly accomplishments and the names of three referees to:
University Canada West
626 West Pender Street, Suite 100,
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 1V9, Canada.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. University Canada West is committed to the principle of employment equity.
Current Positions Available
Student Recruitment Advisor - Brazil
Full Time Position
Date posted: January 4th, 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Student Recruitment Advisor is responsible for promoting and selling the programs of University to potential students, responding to inquiries from potential students on various programs, and identifying the appropriate programs to meet these goals. The primary function of this position is to maximize each opportunity to market programs to meet or exceed the enrollment targets for the University.
The Student Recruitment Advisor will at various times be responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the University.
- Responding to email, telephone and walk-in inquiries from potential students; promoting the programs and services of the University
- Interviewing potential students to explore their background, interests and identify their individual career goals; advise on appropriate programs to meet their goals
- Completing enrollment of new students including related paperwork and providing information on payment options
- Maintaining records to track and follow-up on potential leads, providing motivation and encouragement to potential students as appropriate
- Tracking and reporting on weekly activities (i.e. leads, appointments, interviews, enrollment)
- Providing ongoing coaching/motivation to students to support success in the program
- Planning and participating in campus events such as Open Houses and Information Sessions, inviting set numbers of students
- Attending regular marketing meetings
- Establishing and maintaining monthly targets
- Following up on potential or actual cancellations
To be successful in the Student Enrollment Representative position, an individual must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years college diploma required. Minimum of 2 years post- secondary admissions and/or recruitment agency experience is required
- Working experiences with language schools is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Proficient in Photoshop or similar applications is an asset
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proven self-starter and problem solver
- Must be deadline driven and goal-oriented
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion
- Willing to travel abroad
- Valid driver’s license
$35,000 to $42,000 (plus bonus). We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package after 3 months’ probation.
Applications will be accepted until February 1st, 2017.