Position Job Title: Academic Coordinator
Reports To: Vice-President Academic
About University Canada West
UCW is a business-oriented, teaching intensive university. The primary role of faculty at UCW is to teach. Faculty will be expected to take part in committees and to stay active in their field. Faculty are encouraged to engage in scholarly activities.
UCW offers undergraduate and graduate degrees (Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication and Master of Business Administration), both online and on campus.
The University is currently growing, as it is increasing intakes from both international and domestic markets, and looking to establish additional Master-level degrees in the business area. The academic year has four intakes: in January, April, July and October (each term is 12 weeks in length).
The primary purpose of the Academic Coordinator position is to provide quality administrative service to students, staff and faculty through the delivery of general administrative support for the campus.
Under University Canada West’s (UCW) organizational structure, the Academic Coordinator provides administrative support and reports to the VP Academics and assists the Program Coordinator and the Faculty Chairs.
This position is integral to the delivery of quality services to students (domestic, international, undergraduate, graduate, on-line and in-class), plus faculty and staff across all University programs in Vancouver. Hours of work are variable.
The Academic Coordinator will at various times be responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the Company:
- Provides administrative assistance to the VP Academics.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Faculty chairs and faculty committees.
- Provides assistance to the Program Coordinator
- Generates reports and statistics as required and as requested
- Maintaining internal communication and messages between staff and students
- Maintaining policies, procedures and up to date forms files; keeping files adequately stocked
- Other related duties as assigned
- Required professional and personal attributes include:
- Administrative experience in a post-secondary educational setting
- A strong, service-oriented focus
- MS Office proficiency
- Proficiency in Moodle or similar Student Learning Platforms
- Ability to quickly assimilate and employ diverse IT modules
- A high level of ethics, discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Advanced oral and written abilities
- Organization and accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to positively engage with students, faculty and staff and constructively problem-solve
- Adaptability and change management skills
- Ability to be attentive to details, be accurate, be precise.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic training in office practices, customer service and communication
- One to three years’ administrative and/or customer service experience in a fast paced environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
Salary is dependent on experience but we offer a competitive compensation and a benefits package after 3 months’ probation.
Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.