Date posted: Sep 20, 2018
Reports To: Registrar
UCW is a teaching-intensive, business-oriented university located in downtown Vancouver, B.C. The University offers undergraduate and graduate degrees both on campus and online including: Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication, and Master of Business Administration. To meet the needs of our prospective and current students, we offer four full terms per year that start in January,
April, July, and October.
The University is growing and is looking for talented people who are interested in working in a dynamic, team environment.
University Canada West is committed to student success in fields of study that build on the unique strengths and opportunities in British Columbia.
The Admissions and Records Assistants are members of the Registrar’s Office team who support the effective operations of the Office and assist students with information and administrative requirements. Admissions and Records Assistants support the processing of applications, maintenance of official student records, and evaluation of eligibility for graduation as well as provide information services for students. Admissions and Records Assistants create the student records, screen documents, produce official University documents such as transcripts, assist with graduation processes, and support students by responding to inquiries and resolving concerns.
Reporting to the Registrar, the Admissions and Records Assistants support the business objectives and purpose of the Registrar’s Office with responsibility for the following:
- Administering student records including creation of student records, registration and graduation functions of the Registrar’s Office
- Assisting with the processing of applications for admissions, issuance of admission offers, and maintenance of application records
- Provide exceptional service to students while ensuring the work is completed in an efficient and effective manner
- Maintain accurate and timely student information in both the student databases and the hard copy files to support registration and record keeping requirements
- Produces official documentation for students including: letters of acceptance, official transcripts, confirmations of enrolment, Letters of Permission, etc.
- Assist with the assignment and recording of transfer credit
- Assist with the evaluation all graduation applications, production of official documentation, and communications with students
- Collect, record, maintain and report student records within regulatory and accreditation organization guidelines, e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, and other associated information
- Assist with the review and production of student documentation required for visa and immigration purposes
- Assist with the review, processing and awarding of student scholarships, awards and financial aid
- Other related duties as assigned.
To be successful an Admissions and Records Assistant, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
- Well organized and detail oriented. Ability to perform large volumes of data entry and document production with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to quality service
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to exercise mature judgement and initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Proven ethical and objective decision making and problem solving abilities.
- A demonstrated ability to plan and adapt to change
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized university or post-secondary institution
- 3 years of related experience at a regulated post-secondary institution in British Columbia
$38,000 to $43,000 annually
Please email resumes to email@example.com