Date posted: Sep 10, 2018
UCW is a teaching-intensive, business-oriented university located in downtown Vancouver, B.C. The University offers undergraduate and graduate degrees both on campus and online including: Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication, and Master of Business Administration. To meet the needs of our prospective and current students, we offer four full terms per year that start in January, April, July, and October.
The University is growing and is looking for talented people who are interested in working in a dynamic, team environment.
University Canada West is committed to student success in fields of study that build on the unique strengths and opportunities in British Columbia.
The Admissions and Transfer Officers are members of the Registrar’s Office team with specific responsibility for evaluating student applications for admission, transfer credit, and entrance scholarships. Admissions and Transfer Officers are familiar with all aspects of the Registrar’s Office in order to assist in delivering exceptional service to prospective and current UCW students.
The Admissions and Transfer Officer supports the efficient and effective processing and evaluation of student applications for admissions, transfer credit, and entrance scholarships.
Admissions and Transfer Officers evaluate applications for admission to the University from both domestic and international applicants, including initial assessment, evaluation of official documents, and coordination with the Admissions Committee.
Admission and Transfer Officers work closely with the domestic and international recruitment offices to provide information and advice on admission requirements and applicant eligibility.
Admissions and Transfer Officers coordinate the evaluation of transfer credit for applicants and students including initial assessment, coordination with faculty evaluators, assignment of transfer credit, and maintenance of transfer credit databases.
Admissions and Transfer Officers are part of the Registrar’s Office and support the delivery of exceptional services to students by being familiar with all functions of the Registrar’s Office including: degree progression requirements, general academic regulations, and service request forms and fees.
The Admissions and Transfer Officer must maintain complete and accurate records regarding applicants, admissions, transfer credit, and entrance scholarships ensuring that the admissions databases and student files are complete and up to date. The Admission and Transfer Officers provide reports and information regarding admissions processes for the Registrar. Compliance with record security and privacy legislation is imperative.
Skills and Qualifications:
To be successful as an Admissions and Transfer Officer, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands
- Ability to interpret and apply University and government policies and regulations
- Ability to exercise mature judgement, tact and discretion
- Demonstrated accuracy oriented approach to processes and documentation
- Proven ethical and objective decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service when providing information and services to colleagues, students, and the public
- Advanced information research skills
- Intermediate level skills in the use of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and email.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a recognized university
- 3 years of direct experience or 5 years experience in a related field at a regulated post-secondary institution in British Columbia
Salary Range: $45,000 to $51,000 annually
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com