Date posted: Nov 24, 2017
Position Job Title: Business - Part-Time Sessional Faculty Positions
Reports To: Vice-President Academic
UCW is a business-oriented, teaching intensive university. The primary role of faculty at UCW is to teach. Faculty will be expected to take part in committees and to stay active in their field. Faculty are encouraged to engage in scholarly activities.
UCW offers undergraduate and graduate degrees (Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication and Master of Business Administration), both online and on campus.
The University is currently growing, as it is increasing intakes from both international and domestic markets, and looking to establish additional Master-level degrees in the business area. The academic year has four intakes: in January, April, July and October (each term is 12 weeks in length).
As part of your teaching role, we will expect you to:
- Create a positive classroom and learning environment through effective student engagement
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute to curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Participate in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Teach in the ACBSP accredited BCom and MBA programs.
The successful candidate(s) will teach on a part-time basis in the MBA program and/or the BCom program at our downtown Vancouver campus. We are looking for faculty in all areas of business and especially in areas such as Strategy, Ethics, Operations Management, Entrepreneurship and Organizational Behaviour.
Masters degree with an appropriate field focus plus 5 years of industry experience and some post-secondary teaching experience.
Doctoral degree in Business plus 10 years of industry experience and substantial post-secondary teaching experience. Experience teaching in an environment with diverse students. Track record of scholarly activity in the field.
- Professional experience in industry or business
- Excellence in teaching to diverse audiences
The successful applicant will be expected to teach at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in an area in which the applicant has expertise and in which the school has need for course coverage. This position also includes service (such as committee work and student coaching) within the university.
Compensation range is from $1,600 - $6,700 dependent on class size/program and mode of program delivery.