Date posted: Feb 12, 2020
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Specialist will provide high standard writing skills to produce engaging materials for a variety of platforms for the University. The ideal candidate is someone with strong communication skills who enjoys writing and composing effective and informative materials to support the development of the organization.
The Communication Specialist is responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the University:
- Write clean, concise and compelling stories, blogs, advertising copy, press releases and social media posts and know the differences in tone and content for each.
- Write engaging social media content for a variety of platforms.
- Produce creative written content for marketing, analytical reports, and advertisements. This often requires significant collaborations with UCW’s graphic artists and other departments.
- Be able to write clean, multi-source stories on tight deadlines.
- Keen eye for editing and proofing content so the highest levels of English grammar, spelling are syntax are a must.
- Good working knowledge of SEO and best practices is preferred.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current trends including but not limited to popular news sites, social trends, and understand key relationship between the platforms and their audience
- Maintain brand awareness at all times, ensuring that outgoing communications across all channels are circulating positive, engaging messages.
- Able to develop and create story ideas based on University activities.
- Advance English skills, including spelling and syntax a must
- Good working knowledge of SEO and best practices preferred
- Demonstrated experience with social media preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Photography and/or videography experience is an asset
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 year of Communications experience or 3 years of combine relevant experiences.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in relevant subjects (Communications, Journalism, or Marketing) or equivalent experiences
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume and portfolio*
*Portfolio should include some of your best works. This may include a variety of things you have produced including links to online work, scans, posts, and any other relevant form of creative output. Note that we prioritize quality over quantity.
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year