Date posted: Jan 10, 2019
The purpose of the Financial Assistant position is to monitor and maintain student financial accounts, ensure the collection of tuition fees, process refund to qualified students, and provide accounting-related services to the campus. Under general supervision, the Financial Assistant is responsible for providing assistance, advice and guidance to support the financial needs of students and to ensure the collection of funds and refund distribution.
- The Financial Assistant will be responsible for the following as well as other
related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the University.
Maintaining financial account for all students, update tuition fees, deposits, scholarship, refund to student account on a timely basis
- Monitoring student finance and collection activities of outstanding student accounts to
ensure timely recovery of payments and maintain appropriate AR levels
- Processing refund and compliance with refund policy
- Tracking and monitoring the AR process utilizing campus AR reports and operating systems
- Assisting daily bank deposits; reconcile cash receipts and complete cash receipts
journal for weekly submission.
- May manage campus accounts payable functions in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the coordination of the institution’s response to any internal/external audits
related to business office operations
- Providing customer service and answering to student inquiries.
- Ensuring active communication and cohesive working relationship with all lever people on campus
- Prepare daily financial reports and maintain files
To be successful in the Financial Assistant position, an individual must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills; ability to effectively
communicate and interact with students
- Detail orientated and able to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as a team member
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize assignments
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach
Education and Experience:
- 2 years post-secondary education
- Basic training in office practices, accounting and communication
- office experience in a service oriented, fast paced environment
- Minimum one year education in Finance or Accounting program
- Minimum one year experience in accounting/finance area
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com