Date posted: Feb 12, 2020
About University Canada West
UCW has the fastest growing MBA program in Canada. Balanced with a BCOM degree and a BA in Business Communications, UCW is well-suited to providing students with a grounded, practical education in business and strong academic fundamentals.
UCW is a business-oriented, teaching intensive university. The primary role of faculty at UCW is to teach. Faculty will be expected to take part in committees and to stay active in their field. Faculty are encouraged to engage in scholarly activities.
University Canada West is experiencing significant growth and is looking to hire faculty in all business fields as well as Psychology.
UCW is currently looking for instructors who can:
- Create a positive classroom and learning environment through effective student engagement
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute to curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Participate in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Teach in the ACBSP accredited BCom and MBA programs.
The successful candidates will teach business related courses in the MBA program and the BCom program at the Vancouver campus. This is a full-time on-going position. This position could also include undergraduate or graduate chair duties for a candidate with an appropriate background.
PhD in business field (Marketing, Finance, Economics, and General Business), Psychology or DBA required.
- Significant industry experience preferred (minimum of 5 years teaching experience preferred).
- Experience teaching in an environment with diverse students.
- Track record of scholarly activity in the field.
- Professional experience in industry or business
- Excellence in teaching to diverse audiences
- Student focused approach to teaching with strong sense of academic integrity
The successful applicants will be expected to teach at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in an area in which the applicant has expertise and in which the school has need for course coverage. Further duties may include an academic administration role, such as leading an academic program or centre. This position also includes service (such as committee work and student coaching) within the university.
Full-time faculty receive a competitive salary, generous benefits package and one paid term off per year.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to “email@example.com”