Date posted: Nov 27, 2017
Position Job Title: Business – Full time Faculty position
Reports To: Vice-President Academic
UCW is a business-oriented, teaching intensive university. The primary role of faculty at UCW is to teach. Faculty will be expected to take part in committees and to stay active in their field. Faculty are encouraged to engage in scholarly activities.
UCW offers undergraduate and graduate degrees (Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication and Master of Business Administration), both online and on campus.
The University is currently growing, as it is increasing intakes from both international and domestic markets, and looking to establish additional Master-level degrees in the business area. The academic year has four intakes: in January, April, July and October (each term is 12 weeks in length).
As part of your teaching role, we will expect you to:
- Create a positive classroom and learning environment through effective student engagement
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute to curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Participate in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Teach in the ACBSP accredited BCom and MBA programs.
The successful candidate will teach human resources management, leadership and related courses in the MBA program and the BCom program at the Vancouver campus and possibly online. This is a full-time on-going position. This position could also include undergraduate or graduate chair duties for a candidate with an appropriate background.
Masters degree with a Human Resources or Leadership focus plus 5 years of industry experience and 1 year of post-secondary teaching experience.
Doctoral degree in Human Resources or Leadership plus 10 years of industry experience and 5 years of post-secondary teaching experience. Experience teaching in an environment with diverse students. Track record of scholarly activity in the field.
- Professional experience in industry or business
- Excellence in teaching to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to engage in scholarly activity in the appointee’s subject area
The successful applicant will be expected to teach at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in an area in which the applicant has expertise and in which the school has need for course coverage. Further duties may include an academic administration role, such as leading an academic program or centre. This position also includes service (such as committee work and student coaching) within the university.
Compensation is $71k salary and benefits package. Additional chair stipend if applicable.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org