Date posted: Nov 14, 2019
The Library reflects the focus of the University: we have a small print collection and a sizeable – and growing – electronic collection, with a particular focus on resources relevant for contemporary business. This is a newly created position, and the successful candidate will be joining a team of librarians that provide a full range of services to the UCW community.
The Library Assistant is a key member of the Library team, and will act as a first point of contact for student inquiries – generally related to Circulation and simple Reference transactions. Additional duties may include Cataloguing, Reserves management, updating web pages and others (according to the Library’s needs and successful candidate’s interests).
In addition, the library assistant will play an essential role in ensuring that the operations in the library are running smoothly:
- Collaborates with the other librarians to enhance the library’s services.
- Helps to circulate and manage the library’s print collection, including course reserve materials and library’s equipment.
- Diploma from a 2-year Library Technician program is required; academic library experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Library policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with an Integrated Library System.
- Ability to see multiple tasks through completion with minimal supervision.
- Past experience working with international students.
- Outstanding oral/written communication and interpersonal skills are imperative.
- A strong commitment to public service.
- Warm and calm demeanor.
This position is open to candidates with at most 2 years of experience. This position will require working some evening/weekend shifts.
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com