Date posted: Jan 10, 2019
The work of the Registrar is connected with that of the domestic and international enrolment teams, the academic enterprise and with students directly. As such, this position is critical to the success of this private post secondary entity.
The Registrar is a member of UCW’s management team and Academic Council.
The Registrar develops and implements plans, policies, processes and systems supporting the efficient and effective acceptance, admission and registration of students; maintains accurate student records including grades and transcripts; finalizes classroom schedules; directs graduation audits and elements of convocation, and undertakes other related functions. The Registrar leads and measures Registrar Office (RO) activities and closely collaborates with other University and Campus Support Centre divisions in advancing the University and enhancing student experience.
Under general supervision, the Registrar ensures that RO operating standards are met, legislation is adhered to, and services are continuously improved.
Work spans the continuum of domestic and international students, on-line and in-class. The Registrar must work at both strategic and tactical levels to further develop a student-focused service that is fast-paced and well respected.
- Organized, diligent approach to process and documentation
- Accuracy, consistency and fairness
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- High standards of behaviour, professional attitude and commitment to quality service
- Constructive and collaborative approach with students, faculty, and staff and external stakeholders
- Ability to plan and execute
- Adaptability and change management skills
Education and Experience:
- Post graduate degree
- 5 years of recent, related experience including direct involvement with student records, transfer credit, PLAR, international students, and international credential evaluation
- Experience using comprehensive student information systems and manual RO processes
- Experience repatriating functions that are appropriately housed in the Registrar’s Office
- Has modeled exemplary customer service behaviours and led customer-focused teams
- Multi-campus experience preferred
- Experience in RO design and re-engineering
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org