Date posted: Jul 23, 2019
About University Canada West
UCW is one of the fastest growing universities in Canada. With its MBA program and two bachelors’ programs—one in business and one in communications—and a new Associate of Arts degree, UCW is well-suited to providing students with a grounded, practical education in business, communications and the liberal arts. Located in a historic building in downtown Vancouver, UCW has a modern and accessible campus near public transport hubs and other amenities.
UCW is a business-oriented, teaching intensive university. The primary role of faculty at UCW is to teach. Faculty will be expected to take part in committees and to stay active in their field. Faculty are encouraged to engage in scholarly activities.
University Canada West is experiencing significant growth and is looking to hire faculty in all business fields, Marketing, Leadership, Operations, Management Consulting, as well as key
disciplines in the liberal arts, including English, Communications, Anthropology and Sociology.
UCW is currently looking for graduate instructors who can teach MBA-level Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, and Finance courses, as well as undergraduate instructors who can teach English Writing and Literature, Biology, Ecology, Business Law and Communications courses.
- Create a positive classroom and learning environment through effective student engagement
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute to curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Participate in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Teach in the A.A., B.A. B.Com. and MBA programs
Successful candidates will be able to teach their subject area to undergraduate students at the Vancouver campus. Some candidates may also teach graduate courses. These are seasonal/sessional positions. These positions could also include graduate or undergraduate chair duties for a candidate with an appropriate background.
PhD in above fields. We will also consider candidates with a Master’s degree from a prestigious institution. Teaching experience preferred. Accounting instructors must have a CPA designation.
Experience teaching both undergraduates and graduates in an environment with diverse students. Track record of scholarly activity in the field.
- Involvement in scholarly/academic pursuits
- Excellence in teaching to diverse audiences
- Student-focused approach to teaching with strong sense of academic integrity
The successful applicants will be expected to teach at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in an area in which the applicant has expertise and in which the school has need for course coverage. Further duties may include an academic administration role, such as leading an academic program or center. This position also includes service (such as committee work
and student coaching) within the university. Canadian PR or Citizenship strongly preferred for all positions.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to “email@example.com”