Date posted: Mar 01, 2019
The primary purpose of the Social Media Specialist position is to spearhead the university’s social media presence with a heavy emphasis on creating engaging video content.
Under general supervision, the Social Media Specialist will focus on creating video and other engaging content for the university’s social media channels. They will assume responsibility for and further develop UCW’s social media channels with video content as their primary focus. The Social Media Specialist will engage with our social media audiences by maintaining a strong online presence, while maintain UCW’s brand standards. The Social Media Specialist will assist with other communications department duties as assigned by the Communications Manager.
The Social Media Specialist will at various times be responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the company:
- Maintaining, updating and growing UCW’s social media channels.
- Generate ideas and regularly create video content for our website and social media channels.
- Edit video using Premiere Pro, the Adobe Creative Suite and other video editing tools.
- Know the fundamentals of shooting video including best practices for lighting and sound.
- As part of a team, design social media posts to create a buzz online around our brand.
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar, create social media campaigns and effectively engage with the online community and the existing student body.
- Be on top of trends in social media and leverage those trends to engage with our audience.
- Create monthly reports that include content performance and audience behaviors.
- Leverage monitoring tools to analyze performance of campaigns and adapt strategies to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of campaigns accordingly.
- Keep on top of comments and trends happening on UCW’s social media accounts.
- Be able to write fun, engaging video scripts.
- Be skilled with still photography and able to write a press-release, blog post or stories and know the difference in tone and message.
- Other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the University.
To be successful in the Social Media Specialist position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
- Excellent working knowledge of various social media channels, engagement opportunities and have plans for growth.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once and complete by stated deadlines.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
- Proficiency with other video editing software and processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods.
- General understanding of the programs and services provided by the University.
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in communications, video production or journalism.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com