Date posted: Feb 03, 2020
SRM deal mainly with prospective student enrolments via account management functions of educational representatives and other stakeholders. These stakeholders are commonly referred to as ‘agents and affiliate partners’.
Roles at this level are additionally responsible for identifying new business opportunities in existing and new markets. As such, they are responsible for finding ways to exploit new markets and bring in revenue, and/or develop new revenue streams. SRM engage primarily in sales and marketing activities and should have a solid understanding of industry trends, to inform upon strategic planning and forecasting. They must be able to prioritise the opportunities that are the most likely to generate a profit.
The role centrally involves identifying new business opportunities, as well as liaising with high profile clients, and managing both students’ and agents’ expectations in line with deliverables. SRMs are expected to provide ethical guidance to students through the admission (and sales) cycle from initial enquiry to enrolment.
Business Development (30%)
- Assist in identifying and supporting developing potential business partners and to grow existing client relationships
- To perform continuous market research to determine best recruitment channels and establish appropriate strategy and activities to target them.
- meeting/engaging with key players in the industry
- To actively seek and conduct meetings and presentations with potential students by visiting schools and colleges
- To represent UCW at client/agent meetings, local and national exhibitions, and conferences in order to recruit potential students and build upon stakeholder relationships where applicable
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested for the overall performance of the Company.
- Generate new revenue from existing streams and accounts
Customer Focus (30%)
- Portraying a positive and professional image of UCW at all times, generating a positive and sought-after image of the University
- Provide advisory service to all stakeholders, encouraging partners to work with UCW and which is timely and efficient,
- Training agents and other partners and stakeholders on university programmes and values.
- Guiding agent/partner referred students through the full application cycle (direct or via agents): from initial enquiry/conversation through to finalising and closing their application to study across the UCW portfolio of programmes
- Exploring possible career paths for students and matching it with specific UCW offerings
- Referring students to relevant internal expertise in regards to visa, immigration issues and compliance needs where applicable
- Building commonalities to gain trust and engage potential students/agents
Communication and liaison (30%)
- Agency Network Management, or ‘Account Management’: develop and train potential agents sourced from fairs, business trips, enquiries, referrals, in general searches in line with business development responsibilities outlined above
- To be in constant clear and effective liaison and communication with agents and students
- Ensuring that all relevant product developments, including changes to admission, compliance and course requirements or start dates (for example) are communicated externally
- To prepare, assist and deliver in performing customer/ agent presentations
Analysis, Reporting and Data management (10%)
- To research and provide valid information and market feedback on industry trends, which will become the basis for strategic planning and forecasting for management
- Collect and compare pertinent data on target markets, making recommendations and writing proposals when requested
- To provide management with relevant data, competitor analyses and feedback where relevant
- To assist in presenting strategies for expansion
- To administer agent accounts and produce reports on local performance in response to management accounts
Human Resources Responsibilities
- To ensure that all direct reports comply with the Company’s core Policies and Procedures as detailed within the Company’s Employee Handbook and/or communicated by the HR Department from time to time
- To report any non-compliance by Employees of Company Policies and Procedures, and to work with the HR Department to ensure appropriate informal and/or formal action is taken in line with the Company’s Disciplinary Procedure.
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager.
There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the Group and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
- Takes a consultative sales approach, always aiming for ‘win-win’ outcomes that best benefits the company, student’s interests and other stakeholders
- A general understanding of market trends in education- private and public sectors- and (international) student recruitment
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’
- Strong client management skills
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills including ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Strong communication skills in all forms, including: written, oral, email, telephone, and presentations
- Confident in dealing with various levels of seniority
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual
- Exhibit professional standards of behavior at all times
- Previous experience in international student recruitment
- A sound understanding of regional marketing activities across different educational product types
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of the CANADA education system, tertiary education especially.
- Proven success in sales ability and full and demonstrable knowledge of the sales process
- Achieving or surmounting revenue targets
- Senior Student Recruitment Manager: $60,000 - $70,000
- Student Recruitment Manager: $50,000 - $60,000