Date posted: Feb 06, 2018
Position Job Title: Student Services Support and Activities Coordinator
Location: University Canada West (UCW) – Vancouver
Reports To: Manager of Student Services & Support Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager of Student Services & Support Coordinator, the Student Services Support and Activities Coordinator develops and coordinates cultural, social and recreational activities and provides a high standard of client services supporting international, domestic, online and on campus students. This position works closely with all UCW departments and with the students to enhance student experiences at University Canada West. Duties also include administrative support.
The Student Services Support and Activities Coordinator position is responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the University:
- Deliver both online and campus-based student orientation sessions
- Plan, coordinate and deliver a wide range of social, cultural and recreational activities/workshops/information sessions for students and/or alumni on and off campus i.e. budgeting, logistics, equipment etc.
- Attend and supervise all student related activities and events on and off campus.
- Attend meetings and work in collaboration with student programs and/or committees on student related activities and events on and off campus. Review, approve and supervise requests and contracts.
- Facilitate, promote and communicate with staff and external services regarding UCW related meetings, programs or events.
- Participate in promoting UCW activities and events on and off campus
- Assist with student’s course registration, provide course registration advice, and assist with problem-solving
- Utilize existing information systems and identify ways in which technology can improve operations
- Analyze student feedback and provide input to current and future activities/workshops/information session
- Assis the Manager of Student Services & Support Coordinator
- Continuously improve knowledge about courses/programs/processes to enhance the level of service to students.
- Prepare written reports as required and requested
- Provides backup support for reception when needed
- Analyze student satisfaction survey data and recommend improvements to services
- Other duties as required
To be successful in the Student Services Support and Activities Coordinator position, an individual must possess, and be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience
- Baccalaureate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Experience in event planning related to higher education industry
- Proven service-oriented focus
- General knowledge of admission, registration and retention processes
- Organization: efficient, effective, dependable time management skills
- Evidence of advanced English skills with written skills at a formal university level
- Ability to constructively engage and form strong relationships with students, faculty, staff and external
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team
- Adaptability and change management skills
- Advanced computer skills
$45,000 per annum
Please note that this role involves some work after hours and on weekends.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com