FB Twitter Youtube


Is University Canada West a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)? What is your DLI number?

Yes, University Canada West is a Designated Learning Institution. Our DLI number is O19377235822

Do you have an orientation to the university or the city of Vancouver?

Yes. At orientation, students can learn about the university, familiarize themselves with the campus, meet administration staff, and find out where to ask for help if they need it. The goal of the orientation is to reinforce our strong learning culture and student support network. Please note that the orientation course SOAR 098 is mandatory for all new students. It must be completed to be eligible to continue with other courses.

What can you tell me about accommodation?

We do not provide on-campus accommodation such as dormitories. However, residential accommodation in the community can be found through the student notice board and property rental information websites before you arrive in Vancouver.

The rental market in Vancouver is very competitive and potential accommodation can get booked up quickly, so we advise students to arrange more than one viewing.

Homestay options are also available for international students.
Please contact Student Services for assistance regarding accommodation.

For more information about accommodation click here!

Do you have scholarships, awards or grants available?

Yes. For a full list of scholarships, awards and grants, as well as the eligibility criteria and regulations click here.

Students with excellent academic standing can receive scholarships for up to $20,000 for undergraduate programs or up to $10,000 for graduate programs.

University Canada West provides awards of up to $12,000 for international undergraduate students and up to $7,500 for international graduate students, who are dedicated to contributing to their home country’s economic development.

University Canada West offers an MBA Foundation Study Grant of up to $6,500 for eligible students.

We also have a scholarship for First Nations students for their MBA study. One scholarship is offered each year.

A limited time grant of up to $18,900 for international undergraduate students and $9,720 for international graduate students is available to students from the Latin American region.

Similarly, for a limited time, UCW offers a grant of up to $18,900 for international undergraduate students and $9,720 for international graduate students from the Commonwealth of Independent States.

In recognition of Canada's 150 birthday, discounted tuition is available to members of the Canadian Armed Forces. This includes active members, reservists and veterans.

Do you have any services that offer career advice to students?

Yes. University Canada West’s Student Services department assists students and alumni as they transition into the workforce.

Do you have an academic advising service available?

Yes. Student Services provides advice on academic matters to students who are experiencing problems or who need additional help.

What computer services will students have access to?

A full computer lab is available to students, as well as wireless Internet at the Vancouver campus.

What types of dining services are available?

There are a number of restaurants, cafés, and delis surrounding the downtown campus.

What is University Canada West’s average class size?

The average class size is 20-25 students. Class sizes are intentionally kept small for better peer-to-peer interaction, and to allow the instructor more time for each student.

Can students work while attending university?

Yes. Students are likely to attend classes during the day and some evenings, but they can find employment that works around their schedule.

You may be eligible to  work up to 20 hours/week while you study and work full-time during scheduled breaks 

To be eligible you need to:

  • Possess a valid study permit that includes a condition that says you can work off-campus
  • Be registered as a full time student
  • Maintain good academic standing: GPA 2.0 for undergrad and 3.0 for graduate
  • If you want to be considered as a full-time student, you must maintain a full-time course load each term for 3 out of 4 terms.

Can students get a post-graduation work permit upon completion of their program?

To be eligible for a post-graduation work permit, students must have a valid study permit and have successfully completed their program with a C average for undergraduates and a B average for graduates.

What type of transportation is available for students?

The Vancouver campus is located downtown, moments away from major public transportation systems such as buses and SkyTrain routes.

How do I register for your program?

Fill out the inquiry form and a recruitment advisor will contact you shortly.  You may also contact our recruitment advisors at info@ucanwest.ca, 1 778 655 3702.