FB Twitter Youtube

Visiting Students

A visiting student is a student enrolled at another university who has permission to take up to four specific courses at University Canada West. These courses will count towards their degree from their home institution.

University Canada West has articulated courses with other post-secondary institutions within the B.C. transfer system, including: 

  • Athabasca University
  • Capilano University
  • College of the Rockies
  • Columbia College
  • Kwantlen Polytechnic University
  • North Island College
  • Northwest Community College
  • Simon Fraser University
  • Thompson Rivers University, Open Learning
  • University of British Columbia
  • University of Northern BC 

Visit the BC Transfer Guide to find out if the classes you need are available at University Canada West. 

How to apply to be a visiting student

 Return your application form to University Canada West: 

Student Services, Suite 100 – 626 West Pender St. Vancouver, BC V6B 1V9

Upon receiving your completed application, a representative from Student Services will contact you to register you in your course(s).

What is the registration deadline?

University Canada West has four terms per year. The registration deadline for each term is the first day of class. For specific term deadlines, please check the University Schedule in the Academic Calendar.

How can I pay for my course(s)?

University Canada West will accept:

  • Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
  • Debit (in-person only)
  • Cash (in-person only)
  • Cheque
  • Money Order
  • Wire Transfer