Is Online Education Beneficial?
Varun Mehta | March 28, 2019
Is Online Education Beneficial?
Simply because you are not in a classroom anymore does not mean that you cannot learn new things. You do not need to curb your willingness to learn at any point in life. In fact, you can let it thrive successfully by learning through online programs.
Online education may not be everyone’s preferred learning method, however, it certainly brings a multitude of benefits to both learners and teachers. Read on to find out what these benefits can be.
Overview of online education
Online education is a form of education which is delivered and taught through the web. Students have the option of doing these online programs through their desktops, laptops, tablets and phones. Online education has gained huge popularity in the last decade and is beneficial for full-time professionals and students who want to learn something new.
UCW’s online degree programs are exactly the same as our on-campus programs, except in how they are delivered.
Generally speaking, the best online courses are developed with proper planning and instruction design, with an emphasis on learning goals. In addition, including learning activities in the course content is important as it motivates students and creates a successful learning atmosphere.
These programs often feature discussion boards, which enables you to post questions and doubts and leads to the exchange of thoughts and ideas between students. Discussion boards also allows students to speak their minds in discussions in which they would otherwise not take part in regular classrooms.
Another important aspect of online education is that tutors can give you individual feedback and suggestions with regard to your assignments and projects. This increases your confidence and encourages you to work harder on the course.
What are the benefits of online education?
Studying in the comfort of your own home is convenient, but there are various other advantages of online study. These include:
- Flexibility: Online programs give you the freedom to study wherever and whenever you want. However, before signing up for an online course, you should make sure the course is flexible enough to fit around your work, regular study or travel schedule. In addition, bear in mind that you still have to put in the required hours for self-study, assignments and projects.
- Networking opportunities: Online education provides students with opportunities to network with peers around the world. This often leads to collaboration on projects, which leads to gaining exposure to different cultures.
- Career advancement: Online programs,especially career-specific course, can help professionals and students gain knowledge and skills to move on to more senior positions or management roles in their chosen field.
- Ease of access to excellent study materials: All the study materials you need are available online, including white papers, discussion documents, case studies, e-books and training materials. In addition, you can access these study materials 24/7.
- Variety of programs: Online educationoffers you the chance of pursuing an array of online degree programs at UCW, ranging from an Associate of Arts degree to an MBA. Furthermore, the quality and content of these programs are the same both on campus and online.
- Time management: This is one skill that you will vastly improve while pursuing online programs. Since you have to learn independently, you need to make your own schedules for studying that also takes into account additional readings, assignments and projects.
- Learning at your own pace: This is one of the biggest advantages of online learning. You do not have the pressure to study at the same pace as other students. If you find something difficult, you can study that topic for a greater period of time. On the other hand, if you find the materials easy to understand, you can finish it off faster. Ultimately, your progress depends on you.
The online programs offered at UCW contain the same syllabus and content as the on-campus programs. Opting for the online programs here will allow you to study around your work hours and at your own pace. UCW offers several online programs that you can take up, such as an MBA, Bachelor of Commerce and Associate of Arts.
The online programs at University Canada West (UCW) are taught by highly-experienced professors who are subject matter experts and also deliver lectures on campus. In the online programs offered by UCW, you can interact with professors through emails, discussion boards and live online interactive lectures